This work aims at cleaning up and finishing the CARP peer selection algorithm in Squid.
Issues to address
- --enable-carp is very aggressive and changes the meaning of cache_peer
- Only the CARP hashing algorithm is implemented. Need to fetch CARP membership tables
- The load factor needs to be normalized. It should be a load factor, not a percentage.
- Only a "CARP-client" is implemented, not inter-array CARP routing.
- CARP membership array manager is missing
- CARP peers needs to be sorted when calculating the hashes. It is not reasonable to expect the user to sort the peers properly.
- 2001-04-22: carp_load_factor replaced by normalized weight
- 2001-04-22: can now co-exists with other selection methods. CARP peers are marked by the new "carp" cache_peer option.
$Id: index.html,v 1.3 2001/05/05 17:23:29 hno Exp $